Saturday, August 21, 2010

Because I am grateful for color.


I have to admit, my love for make up stems partly from the fact that it is supremely colorful and comes packed in beautiful little delicate packages. When I see something I like, I immediately think of how it'll look clustered with all my other stuff on my oh-so pretty dressing table. I love walking into shops like M.A.C , Inglot, Dior, YSL where they have walls and walls lined up with one fancy product after the other. Maybe one lady sitting for a make over, small girls hovering around the lipsticks , trying it on and doing a horrible yet adorable job of it. Some trying to find the exact shade of their skin for foundation, which pretty much defeats the purpose or some just like me, for the juicy lip balms and kajal sticks, but mostly for the whole experience. It just highlights my senses in a weird, automated way. I want to feel pretty, I want to feel desirable, and then, just like that I do.


I love eye make up! And I love every product made for the eye, be it kajal which is ofcourse my most favourite product, or mascara or eye shadow. Anything at all! If your eye make up is well done, then just by that, chances are that you're going to be turned out okay.

Inglot has some fabulous new products, such as the eyeliner gel. It is definitely worth a buy. It is very smooth and hardly smudges and stays put for what seems like an eternity. Plus they have it in some delicious shades.


M.A.C lipglass. M.A.C. dazzleglass. Enough said.


I love red lipstick. Not the red which has pink in it or mauve, which is usually the case. But bright red lipstick. And the deal with this is that it suits everyone, who has the guts to carry to it. You will hardly find anyone who does not do justice to red lipstick, because if she has the courage to wear it, she'll wear it fabulously. No wonder then it is women like Penelope Cruz, Amy Winehouse, Scarlett Johansson who have made red lips so sexy. And ofcourse Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe, who can't be mentioned in the previous sentence, as nobody ever has and ever will be able to come into their league. Like everything else they stand for, they own the red lips too.

3 comments:

thelayeredpancake said...

ahhh..there are a lot of red lips post going around. hmm...perhaps when i am a little older.

thelayeredpancake said...

btw prach, theres an award for you at my blog!

minnja said...

I love the pictures & post!

http://minnja.blogspot.com/