Sunday, August 8, 2010

All things Valentino

Rosso Valentino. How can such bright, fiery red be made up yellow? Surprising, this.
My preference bends towards the fuchsia's. I have a thing for satin, and satin in stilettos just notches up the sexy quotient.


The pink clutch, very sophisticated and elegant. No?

Love the dresses, not so much the model.


Angela Lindvall, supermodel. I think she is one of the rare supermodels, I find pretty.Very defined features. I like sharp, stand alone features, which would look good in any face, any shape. She possesses that. And, especially her cheekbones! Love them. She, along with a windblown lavender, make an immensely pretty picture.

Along with Isabella Orsini. I love these two shades of blue, midnight and royal, right? And their expressions. Give so much away, yet so little.


Well it could be Angela, or this could be the magic of Peter Lindbergh
I love how he has broken the monotony of black and white, by black and white itself. I saw some of his other work at his website, and it surely calls for a post of its own!

Love, love, love the red dress! Whatever their red is made up, nobody makes red like Valentino. Or shall I say, made. Quite depressing. Why did they have to omit out the rosso to revamp the brand.



As a fanatic for the brand and Valentino Garavani, I am sure I'll love the movie. The movie apparently captures the madness of the fashion world, the designer's iconic wit, humor and relationship with business partner and life long companion, Giamatti. (Who, according to a tabloid, is truly the yin to his yang)



Valentino : The Last Emperor. Flanked by gorgeous models, sporting, not surprisingly the iconic Valentino red.

The 2010 adverts.I like black and white fashion photography, but somehow I prefer the previous Valentino, colourful vibrant advertisements.


Not a scarf person, but this one is exceptionally pretty. And the shades are nice,too.

One day, I shall do I/O for this haute couture brand. No harm in dreaming a little dream!

7 comments:

Jenmarie said...

Gorgeous post. The red dress on top is incredible. I want it!

http://wwww.stylethroughhereyes.com

elizabethbennet said...

Yeah! Though my preference is the lavender!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

The shoes...the dresses!...I LOVE it all =)

elizabethbennet said...

Yes, super gorgeous!

JMay said...

My favvvvv :-)

elizabethbennet said...

:):)
Mine too

Anonymous said...

The post is lovely , and i do agree that red valentino is simply ravishing .... i am jus waiting to own one of these ... haha !!!